Friday, September 11, 2009

I am Shocked! I AM outraged!


"I am shocked! I am outraged to discover that there is gambling going on here. On the 'Innernet'!

... "Here are your winnings Mr. Rains. Would you like them in cash? Or the currency of Relative Obscurity?"

Highlight of my day - learning that character actor Claude Rains has been chosen by TCM (that's Turner Classic Movies, for those of you who don't get Channel 52,) to be September's Featured 'Star of the Month.'

As anyone out there who has ever seen a B&W movie (a.k.a. 'motion picture' or 'photo-play') made prior to 'The Ghost and Mr. Chicken' already knows, Claude has been in EVERYTHING and has often been the best part in EVERYTHING he has been in.

To paraphrase Stella McCartney when her Dad was finally granted an unforgiveably belated (and snub-nosed reception) into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame -

well, I'll let Stella spell out her feelings about loooonnng overdue recognition in her own words - which the Fashion File regular had bedazzled onto a plain black T-shirt ...


... "ABOUT FUCKIN' TIME!"

Surely a sentiment shared by Claude's own daughter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home