Thursday, May 14, 2009

Jim Chapman Looking for New Job for Bud Polhill

With the recent elimination of London's Board of Control, AM-radio talker Jim Chapman is now trying to find a new job for his pal, William 'Bud' Polhill, a former Board of Controller.

'Two-Trick' Chapman, the former 'King of All Media,' also now has to find a new cause to rally behind when he lectures Londoners on his daily no-phone-calls-allowed radio show.

"Oh, I'll still rant about what a sad day it was for democracy when London municipal election voters got their wishes and Board of Control was removed from City Council - I think I can coast on that one for a good six months.

"And thank the Lord, I still have the McGuinty-Liberal provincial government to bash - but what about after both of those topics lose steam? I'll need something else.

"I'm thinking of mounting an on-air campaign against drunk drivers. Kinda unorthodox, I know - but that's the type of out-of-the-box thinking people come to expect when they turn the dial to 'Jim Chapman's Current Events.'

6 Comments:

Blogger Crazylegs said...

Jim has a really big head. Seriously, I was next to him in line at a coffee shop a few weeks back and I remarked to no one in particular, "Hey. Jim Chapman's head is really big. He's like that cartoon Stewie kid all grown up".

True story.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Sonny Drysdale said...

"True story"?

Good for you, Crazy. I nominate you for 'Biggest Balls in Town.'

Jimmy's a street kid from the East Side you know - he's a scrapper.

You're lucky he didn't give you a good verbal thrashing.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Butch McLarty said...

I'm just thankful that Jimmy is the last defender of democracy in the entire whirld.

Where would we be without him?

3:36 PM  
Blogger Sonny Drysdale said...

If it wasn't for Jimmy C and Andy Ouudd, I'd be afeared to even leave the house.

But, any trouble in River City? - those two have a direct line to Jilly Fantino.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Pagan Mnemosyne said...

I was invited to a bar one night for London Free Press freelancers, which was about as much fun as it sounds. Chapman didn't talk to me the entire night, and it was a very small table.

This is a true story.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Sonny Drysdale said...

But Kid, that's probably because you didn't join in the discussion with Allison Graham about how Mike Harris was the man to lead the Ontario Conservatives into the next century.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home