Monday, October 30, 2006

I Got Sold, But I'm Not a Soulja

Spent the weekend listening to this new band called 'The Killers.' They're one of those "alternative" bands that are so big with the college radio crowd.

I discovered them last week on late-night television. On Letterman one night and then Jimmy Kimmel the next. So I went out and picked up their new CD, Hot Fuss.

Lots of U2 arena-rock singalongs like on the song "All These Things That I Have Done." The song "Jenny Was a Friend of Mine," is pure Springsteen. And "Mr. Brighteyes," is the best cover of David Boughie's Queen Bitch that I ever heard. I can see why the Killers are so big with the young people right now.

Weird tho, some of their songs all sound the same but I couldn't find the tune they were playing on TV - "When I Was Young." They must have just written it that week or something.

I predict big things for these kids. I can hardly wait till they come to town. I am so there.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pagan Mnemosyne said...

'Hot Fuss' is their last album, Sonny. Their new album--'Sam's Town'--is out now, with more of a Springsteen sound to it than the Duran Duran/Bowie ripoffs...I mean, *homages*--that were on 'Fuss'.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Sonny Drysdale said...

Wow, they must have banged that new baby out in a week. I remember when bands in the '60s used to crank out about six albums a year.

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home