Saturday, March 22, 2008

Overheard in the Likka Sto'

"Oh my, I don't know what to get - everything looks so good."

As spoken by a little old lady on apparently her first trip to one of the 'new' Liquor Control Board Outlets. One of those remodel L.C.B.O. stores where you don't have to write in the number of your desired bottled purchase in pencil on a piece of paper and hand it to the guy behind the counter who then goes back behind the metal door and then brings it back and wraps it up in paper for you.

A package from the 'package store.'

... And now David Peterson is making election promises about selling wine and beer in corner stores. We've come a long way, baby.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't get me started on politics or religion. I'll only have to delete my comments again when I calm down.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Sonny Drysdale said...

What I want to know is - why would anyone even go to a beer or likka stow these days anyway?

All my dietary needs are met thru the good folks at BrownPop Delivery Service.

That number again - www.brownpop.ca

Operators are standing by. Just tell 'em "Sonny sent me."

2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home