Friday, August 18, 2006

Oops, I Did it Again

Well, I am over my obsession with Smoosh, the new 'rock' band featured in my last post which is composed of two sisters - one 12, the other 14 years old.

I've moved on - to the all-girl 'rock' band Lillix, four young girls from British Columbia. The oldest of the bunch can't be a day over 19. I still dig Smoosh, but they're so three days ago.

Lillix on the other hand, plays now power bubblegum. For now people. Kinda like The Runaways only with production values. And minus the crappy attitude. This is the best Gum-rock since the chick from Letters from Cleo (or was it 'to Cleo'?) did the soundtrack to the Josie and the Pussycats movie a few years ago.

Friends, I heartily recommend you go to Youtube.com, type in 'Lillix' and then click on the video for their hit (with me) single, Sweet Temptation. Apparently, on their previous CD, they sounded like one of those April Lavine skater-girl bands. But this new song is strictly Ramones/Romantics/Otis Day & The Nights material as performed by Barbie and the Rockers.

And while you're there, check out the appearance of Smoosh playing Find A Way on the Jimmy Kimmel show and tell me you are not charmed. And then check out any of the fine self-indulgent yet goofy home videos from 19-year-old 'Brookers.' I watched her lip-synching to Mariah Carey's All I Want for Christmas yesterday.I laughed. I cried.

Then go back and watch the 'Sweet Temptation' video by Lillix again. It's unbridled teenage joy; runaway hormones tearing up the room and reminding you of a time when having fun came without invitation or effort.

God, what I would give to be young, 16 and stupid again. And a girl.

5 Comments:

Blogger Butch McLarty said...

Toss on some lipstick, baby, throw on a dress, shave your legs and I'll take you to the prom!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Sonny Drysdale said...

Pops - I knew you would like that Lillix video ("I know baby, you dig it the most") - if only for that Jane Wiedlin look.

Butch - I happen to know you already have TWO dates for the prom.

Lipstick? I know baby, you dig it the most.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Butch McLarty said...

pops, but what about Sonny wanting to be a 16-year-old tart?

Don't you think that we should be exploring that fascinating situation with some rather large elongated (vibrating) probes with bumps and ridges on them? All in the name of science, of course.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Butch McLarty said...

Honey Pot, have you e-mailed me? Where was the fireworks to occur? I haven't checked my e-mail in a 24 hours.

Let your lust build up for a few days and let's plan another session of prolonged "activity."

1:42 PM  
Blogger Sonny Drysdale said...

Just saw the Sparks 'DickAround' video, Pops. What's the significance of the naked cats?

Nice drummer. Almost as good as the one in Lillix. Nothing better than a girl who knows how to pound the skins.

It's eight minutes since seeing the video. Will that make a difference?

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home