Monday, February 26, 2007

Sonny Blogs A-Channel's NewsNow LIVE!!!

Monday, February 26, 2007;

5:55 - Apparently blogging live events is the new big thing in the blogosphere. So I'm going to do that very same thing with the A-Channel's venerable six o'clock newscast. I've heated up some leftover Sunday dinner leftovers and I am pumped!

5:57 - Kitchen break! Already. And the show hasn't even started yet. You know, I personally believe that Kraft Dinner is actually better the second day around but it definitely needs some salsa to kick a little life back into it.

5:59 - Got the remote and have clicked to #9. For some reason, that's always been how to get the best reception for good ol' Channel 10. I am PUMPED! I haven't seen this show for YEARS!

6:00 - Hey, whatthafuk?!? Where's Kate Young? Where's Al McGregor? .... Where's the frickin' newsdesk?!? ... Geez, I don't like the looks of this. Not a good sign at all.

6:01 - Well, from what I heard on the radio today, war has broken out in Switzerland after they dropped bombs on Belgium over some dispute in the chocolate trade. And what does News Now kick off their dinner-hour broadcast with? Entertainment fluff from Hollywood. Good time to go grab a beer to wash this shit down. And the Kraft Dinner too. Ha-ha.

6:04 - Shit, that was the Academy Awards, man! Fuk, I missed it again! This happens every year. You know it would be nice if they ever tried publicizing the event in advance. Hellooooo, Hollywood - ever try using a little hype and self-promotion? It's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease. Try blowing your own horn once in a while.

6:15 - Boy, the coverage for this thing is almost as long as the frickin' awards ceremony. I have a feeling they just lifted all their coverage from Inside Entertainment. Unless Ryan Seacrest is now working out of London.

6:20 - No real surprises in the winners category. Will Ferrell for Talledaga Nights. Scott Thompson for The Queen and best movie went to Cars. Once again, Clint Eastwood goes home empty-handed.

6:21 - Iranian president Ahmadinejad is threatening to blow Israel and the entire United States off the map. Including the Dominican Republic but excluding Hawaii. Boring! Let's go see what's on Local First News on the cablecast channel. ... Shit, that guy at the news-desk looks like he could be George Clark's dad! Now this is more like it.

6:23 - Sad to report that George Senior informs us that Londoner Paul Haggis did not win any Oscars last night. Not even one. Wow, you just know the knives will be out at the Press Club tonight. Meeeooowww!

6:25 - Back to News Now. Jay Campbell is doing a little "tease" or "stinger" for his upcoming weather report. It's the last days of February in these sub-Arctic environs and Jay is advising us to "Get out the sun-block, it's going to be another hot one tomorrow!" Hey Jay - ya ever hear of a little thing called the wind-chill factor??? The guy gets it wrong everytime. But he's a London icon. Gotta love the Jay-man.

6:27 - Pete James is coming up with sports. I already know the Knights lost on the weekend. Again. No offence to The Godfather but I think I'll go have a shit and get this Kraft Dinner out of my system.

6:45 - Well that feels better. Now what have we got on the news? A five-minute Health and Wellness feature on teenage acne.

6:46 - Hell, I haven't had any zits in a couple of months, let's see what's on the news over at the CBC. Hmmm, President Stephen Harper is ruining the environment and sending underage runaways to serve in the Army in Afghanistan. And was seen kicking the family dog. Figures.

6:50 - well, let's check back in at News Now and see how they are wrapping things up. Apparently with a five-minute Fitness feature on the dangers of binge-eating without a follow-up purging. Vomiting is good for you. Shit, I coulda told you that.

6:51 - may as well head on over to TBS and catch the end of Everyone Loves Raymond.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sonny Drysdale said...

I personally love the A-channel. But to tell you the truth, some nights the news and world events can be so boring and disappointing that I sometimes think I'm watching the B-Channel. Or the C+ Channel.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Butch McLarty said...

Speaking of the traffic on Alt-London, it's coming along nicely at the rate of about 7,000 hits per day or 210,000 hits per month.

Naturally, I'd like to double or even triple that, but it'll take time and a redesign, I suspect.

But thanks for asking Honey Pot.

You should start your own blog or Web site HP, since you spend so much time on other people's.

Be bold and strike out on your own! Try and attract people to your site. Get a brain transplant! Something ... Anything!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Butch McLarty said...

HP, I'm proud to say that all Nazis, neo-Nazis, White Supremicists, sociopaths, polluters, right-wing scum suckers, slave traders, Satan worshippers, evil vampires and bigots of every stripe detest Alt-London with an unbridled passion.

Frankly, I wouldn't have it any other way.

The day you start liking Alt-London is the day that I know that either I'm suffering from dementia or I've sold my soul to Satan himself.

P.S. What's it like to be living on the Dark Side, where ignorance is worshipped and the Light is feared?

4:29 PM  
Blogger Sheena said...

Heh heh. Funny.

Hey! my hotel bathroom has wireless... now I'm inspired...

6:48 PM  
Blogger Sonny Drysdale said...

Honored to have you visit, Sheena.

H.P. - very funny. Sorry I missed that post on Alt. Betty probably took it down.

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home