Thursday, August 16, 2007

It's Over!

Breaking news - I, Rosie O'Donnell have decided NOT to pick up my contract with ABC-TV to appear on 'The View.'

But before I go on and on and on about ME (feel free to use the 'Letters to the Editor' section of 'ROSIE' magazine to tell me what YOU think about Me.) No problem finding a copy of 'Rosie' on the newstand next to the check-out at the supermarket because I'M always on the cover. Just like Oprah! ... 'O' how I hate her rag! Talk about self-centred prima-donna's.

But in unrelated news, Sonny Drysdale and all the OPSEU membership who work for Community Living London, have ratified a contract and will be back to work within days. They managed to save the Sector, make self-respect a bargaining issue - AND get a good-sized raise for Sonny Drysdale to boot.

But possibly most importantly, they showed The Man, that 'We, the People' are tired of him hassling us kids. Power to the people. Right on!

... In even more bizarre breaking-news tradition - and this is Sonny Drysdale here.

And I'd like to tell each and every one of my OPSEU brothers and sisters - 'YOU ROCK!!!'

But I can't - because I never would be caught dead telling another person (no matter how much I like/respect/whatever to that newfound friend,) that they 'Rock!' or that they 'Rule!'

But I will do this 'Shout Out' to all my brutha's and sista's out there in OPSEU-Land - You kids are all swell. Peachy-keen; keen-a-roo; keen-a-rooni; - and if anyone disgrees with that assessment, well - they can go give it a hair-cut.

5 Comments:

Blogger Honey Pot said...

I am happy for you Sonny! You can go buy some groceries and that expensive beer now.

Well done!

6:09 AM  
Blogger Honey Pot said...

....but don't vote Dalton. He is an asshole

6:11 AM  
Blogger Butch McLarty said...

My nose is on strike, so who's going to pick it?

You survived another one, Sonny, and lived to tell the tale.

Congratulations!

10:40 AM  
Blogger Sonny Drysdale said...

Thanks, kids!

Last night I took my lawn-chair out of the trunk of my car and returned it to the back-yard where it belongs. Put my umbrella back in the front-hall closet.

I DID leave my picket-sign ("Dalton - you suck eggs!") in the car tho - just in case I need it in the fall to burn on someone's front lawn. There's an election coming up you know.

But "we've come to the end of a perfect week. Let us go home now and enjoy the simple things in life.

"The good things. The real things. The laughter of a child; a distant church bell; a flight of swallows winging their way to Capistrano.

"Life can be beautiful."

11:51 AM  
Blogger Butch McLarty said...

Ah yes, the beautiful things in life ... like Honey Pot Sugar Scoop shaking her moneymaker in the moonlight ... like jOe wAGLYE cookin' up a new batch of moonshine mash in the woods ...

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home