Thursday, September 13, 2007

This REALLY Made My Day

Courtesy of fellow blog-man Jim Lileks (www.lileks.com) comes this You Tube link to everyone's fave '50s Pin-Up Girl. The Notorious Bettie Page.

I'll spare myself the headache of once again trying to post a video link here so this is what you do - go to YouTube and type 'Bettie Page/Goodbye Horses' into the 'Search.'

Lileks did a bit of conjecturing today about mop-top Betty's enduring fascination and appeal - all that innocent girl-next-door/little Miss Naughty bondage-queen contradiction ... and then concludes "it might be as simple as this: a cute smile."

And I won't disagree with that - but I suspect that it might be a little more than that. And my groin is seldom mistaken.

Anyhoo - while you are at YouTube browsing in the Bettie section, be sure to also check out 'Bettie Page UP CLOSE Pinup Babe Comes to Life Uh Huh.' It's not as good a soundtrack as the other one best known from 'Clerks 2' and 'Silence of the Lambs' but the dancing is just as 'interesting.'

... and there's also more of that cute smile. UP CLOSE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home