Friday, October 05, 2007

Oh yeah, and so who are YOU voting for?



Sonny Drysdale lecturing Markii Burnaway, a Candidate for the All-Nite Rawk 'N Roll Party.

Sonny don't give a shit about 'faith-based funding for schools' and Markii didn't get a chance to get a word in edge-wise as Sonny insists that it's time to turn back the hand of time and say to all practicioners of the Roman Catholic School Board that we made a mistake a century or so and sorry, but from now on you have to go to the same schools as the rest of us.

As do ALL kids. Of ALL religions. And all those of NO religion. And even those who sleep through the service. And all those who claim that they are doing 'independent Bible study' on Sunday mornings.

Of course, snotty snooty brats whose parents can get them into over-priced high-falutin' Private schools, are exempted.

And yes, I'm talking to YOU, Holden Caulfield. You and that Robert Ackley guy would have been welcomed at Riverside High.

Oops, sorry about that Ackley kid.

... oh yeah - even tho I have an NDP sign on my front yard, I'm still not sure who I'm voting for.

NDP guy Paul Piglin lives just down the street from me and he and fellow NDPer Steve Holmes were the only candidates to get off the bus and give a little moral support to those of us who spent our summer on a picket-line.

Liberal Chris Bentley seems like an OK guy - but he's a Cabinet minister and has to toe the party line so he wasn't able to do dick-all for us on the picket-line. His fellow Liberal Kahil Ramal in the other London riding actually had me and fellow picketers into his office and asked what he could do for us, then got on the phone and told us about a planned meeting between the OPSEU union head-honchos and the provincial Liberal head-honchos - something my own local union people didn't bother to inform us about.

But both of them are members of the Liberal party and Premier Dalton McPinHead left us out on strike for toooo many weeks when he could have just done what he did in the end anyway and open up his wallet a lot sooner and end the strike.

And there's no way in Heaven or Hell, I'd ever vote for the provincial Conservatives - because if they were in power, I'd still be on strike with no end in sight, election or not. I know of what I speak because the last time I was on strike was when that cold-hearted bastard Mike Harris was in power and never even commented on our strike and let it end with the social agency I worked for being closed down.

John Tory strikes me as a decent guy (unlike Dalton,) if only because I've seen him cry. But let's face it, he only got elected as leader of his party because of his name. And now that I think of it, at the beginning of this last strike, he actually said on a local open-line radio show that he agreed with Dalton's position of not getting involved in our strike even though my social agency is directly funded by the provincial government. "No, the Premier has the right idea," sayeth the Tory. Oh yeah, well in that case, sucks to be you, John.

The other candidates are all just fringers - so I'm voting for the true fringe-people, those All-Nite Rawk N' Rollers who rule under the Independent ticket.

12 Comments:

Blogger Honey Pot said...

If I were still in your ward I would vote for Steve Holmes, just because I met his mom years back and she is a very sweet woman.

I kind of like that Howard Hampton, he just seems like he would be a fun guy to go out and have a beer with. I just don't like some of the ndp policies.

I am not in that ward, right at the moment, so I will be voting for Chapman. He is sort of arrogant, but he is smart, and I believe he would be looking out for the best interest of the working person. He is sort of anti-union, but I know they serve a purpose. Until the time we have fair labour laws that apply to every worker, a union is a must.

All my ancestors will be rolling in their graves knowing I am voting tory. I don't think I am the only ex-liberal in the country.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Sonny Drysdale said...

Dear Honey Pot - I like Jimmy C too - but if he was running in my ward he'd be about my last choice.

As Butch will no doubt tell you, Jimmy spent his time on the radio sucking up to Big Business and The Powers that Be. ... As in his defence of Police Chief Grabbmaweinie even AFTER the guy was found guilty in the courts of fraud.

I like Howard Hampton but both you and I know that there's no way we're going to elect someone with the name of 'Howie' to run our government. No way. No how.

Thank goodness it's only a provincial election - because good neighbour or not, there's no way in Hell I'd have a Jack Layton sign on my front lawn. The guy's a national embarrassment.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Honey Pot said...

Jimmy did seem to back lots of losing horses, and that seeing god thing that time he died did sort of freak me out. I just chalked up to him losing oxygen to his brain the time he had the heart attack. I don't think he is the type you would want to have a beer with though. I am voting for him.... just because.

The liberal guy Kahil, is nice looking, but I think he is useless. I can't go the liberal way, the sooner they die, and regroup the better.

You know I kind of like Maynard, he is not a bad kid, but he is an ndper, and a kid. Too many policies of the ndp that I just can't get my head around. They don't seem to have any economic growth sense, ditto for the greens.

Now if Maynard shows up on my doorstep with Howard Hampton this afternoon, and they have a beer with me, I could change my mind.

Hey I got an idea, they should toss taliban Jack out as the leader, and put Howard in. I think Howard has more mojo, and he doesn't seem to be a political opportunist as taliban Jack is.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Honey Pot said...

...and I don't give a damn what Butch who really is a beast, thinks.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Butch McLarty said...

HP, wards are the municipal voting districts, ridings are the federal and provincial voting districts.

Steve Holmes is the NDP canddiate in London North-Centre, so Sonny can't vote for him, as he lives in another London riding.

Don't get me started about Jim Chapman. Phoney baloney.

Honey Pot, the day I start agreeing with or thinking like you, I'll know that I'm either completely senile or trapped in a nightmare of the worst kind.

I think I'd have devolve to about 25-Million B.C. to start thinking like you.

About one-stage of evolution above a single-celled amoeba.

In all honesty -- and I'm serious -- have you ever had a lobotomy? Because that would help explain your thinking.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Honey Pot said...

ditto, on that Butch. The day I start thinking like you, I am going to stick my head in a gas oven. You are the prototype for asshole.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Sonny Drysdale said...

Butch - turns out that I can vote for both my neighbour AND also for my favorite bus driver.

You're forgetting about my summer home on the banks of the Thames (east of Egerton.)

Geez, you and Betty were just out last summer for BBQ and skinny-dippin'.

Incidently, your woman forgot the top to her swim suit and it's too small for my ol' lady.

Want me to hold onto it till next weekend? Gonna be another hot one!

3:16 AM  
Blogger Butch McLarty said...

Sure, Sonny, hang onto it 'cause we'll be out next weekend.

Check out the 6 and 11 'oclock news tonight and you'll see that fat-assed Wells guy on TV with Gerry Dewan about Labatt-Laball Park.

Reporter Randy Richmond will also have a story about the park and the one in Clinton, Massachusetts, in tomorrow's Freep.

Then, next week, the story is going coast to coast via the wires, based a story in the Boston Globe and the Worcester Telegram & Gazette.

Hey Sugar Scoop, darling, possum pie, so altlondon's not on the radar screen, eh?

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

I'm the new Canadian Ambassador the U.S. (baseball only).

Honey Pot, you're the Ambassador to the Vauxhall Pollution Control plant, right?

9:44 AM  
Blogger Butch McLarty said...

Butch McLarty's Alty-london rules the local media!

Grovel on yer knees Honey Pot! I order you to perform a flute recital (The William Tell overture)!

My every wish is your command!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Butch McLarty said...

C'mon, Sonny, never a static stage.

Chop, chop, pitter-patter, let's get at her.

I've nominated this blog for a Southwestern Ontario Blog Award fer Chrissakes! And the winner gets $10,000 of which I'm in for 15 per cent as yer agent.

P.S. Honey Pot threw a hissy on London Fog and packed up her sand pail and shovel. She's due to make another appearance here.

Oh, Honey Pot. I know you're out there. Come to your mean old daddy!

10:23 AM  
Blogger Sonny Drysdale said...

Butch, I'm too pissed about the election to blog right now.

Why is it that after every election, I swear that I'm not going to waste my time voting ever again?

Well, the people have spoken. And if that's who they want then the Hell with 'em.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Butch McLarty said...

That's why we're going to get MMP eventually -- where every vote counts.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home