Sunday, September 16, 2007

Have You Accepted Cheeses Into Your Life?




Picked these two Birthday cards up at Hallmark yesterday. It's your one-stop place when shopping for greeting cards featuring dead animals.

And it reminded me of my first job.

True story - just out of high school, I was doing my apprecticeship in taxidermy at Mort's Bait Shop and Taxidermy Gallery. Anyway, one day a woman walks in carrying two shoe boxes containing the stiff bodies of her two pet squirrels. She wants them stuffed.

"Would you like them mounted?" we ask.

After thinking about this a moment she replies, "No. Maybe just holding hands."

8 Comments:

Blogger Butch McLarty said...

I've never been able to figure out the difference between Stuffed&Mounted and RamFed&Loaded.

Honey Pot, I hear that you want to set up some sort of Trust Fund.

What's it all about?

Come to Daddy.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Sonny Drysdale said...

'Stuffed & Just Holding Hands' just wouldn't have the same McLarty touch.

4:28 AM  
Blogger Butch McLarty said...

Honey Pot, oh Honey Pot, I have some flowers and chocolate for you, just like your hero Steve Orser has for Bernie MacDonald.

Come to Daddio.

12:08 PM  
Blogger David Webb said...

Butch's comments makes this the greatest post I have read, all time, all my life (with thanks to the Iron Sheik for letting me steal his bit).

4:18 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Followed some link to your blog here... oddly enough, I bought THE SAME two cards just yesterday at Hallmark. Equally as odd was the look the girl who was restocking the shelves gave me when I snorted in glee... Go figger...

2:50 PM  
Blogger Sonny Drysdale said...

Heather - I hope Hallmark enlarges their line of taxidermy cards to include the jackelope.

6:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, I have been looking for this card for a while. Do you know the name of the publisher so I can track it down. Thanks Robin
rnicolaus@hotmail.com

12:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, I have been looking for this card for a while. Do you know the name of the publisher so I can track it down. Thanks Robin
rnicolaus@hotmail.com

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home